Do you frequently visit the hospital even for minor cases? Do you find it difficult passing your bowels? When you do, are they hard and sticky which makes you strain a lot to get them passed? If any of this sounds familiar, we are offering an opportunity to learn how to handle simpler cases of constipation right from home. Below are simple and easy ways to get rid of that abdominal discomfort.
- Use of Grapes – Grapes are a high soluble fiber food which aids in keeping bowel movements regular. To treat constipation, a small bowl or half a glass of grapes should be eaten daily. Boiling about ten seedless grapes with milk is also suitable, especially for children. This solution should be taken in the evening.
- Use of Lemon – Lemon is rich in citric acid. Citric acid acts as a stimulant to your digestive system. This will also flush out toxins and undigested materials that may have built up along the walls of the colon. Lemon juice combats this buildup. This is one of the simplest methods to use at home as lemon can be easily found in grocery stores. Squeeze the lemon juice into warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Figs – Figs are high fiber foods. They are also used as a natural laxative. A patient who is suffering from chronic constipation and cannot visit the hospital to find relief, should include fig in his or her diet. Both fresh and dried fig is suitable for this purpose. Fresh figs should be eaten with their skin. For dried figs, they should be soaked in water with almonds for a few hours. Make a paste out of them and take with a tablespoon of honey at night.
- Use of Flaxseeds – This is a simple home remedy to constipation. A tablespoon of flaxseed oil alongside a cup of orange juice can provide simple relief.
- Use of Fennel seeds – These are useful as they combat issues of indigestion, bloating (a chronic case arising from severe constipation), and irritable bowel syndrome. Fennel seeds encourage the smooth muscle movement in the digestive tract. For an effective result, a cup of fennel seeds should be roasted, ground, and sieved. Half a teaspoon of this powder should be taken with warm water daily.
- Use of Spinach – Raw spinach is great for cleansing, reconstructing, and regenerating the whole intestine. This should be included in the diet for those with severe constipation. Half a glass of spinach juice and half a glass of water should be taken daily for best results.
- Use of Castor oil – Castor oil contains components which breaks down into substances that stimulate the large and small intestines. Oral intake of castor oil helps children with constipation to easily and freely move their bowels. Castor oil is considered a stimulant laxative because it stimulates the small and large intestines and improves bowel movements. One teaspoon of castor oil should be swallowed on an empty stomach. Wait a few hours for results.
- Drink water – Yes, when it comes to constipation, it is necessary to drink plenty of fluid. Not just any fluid but water and a bit of juice.
These are easy and effective ways to keep bowels moving, keeping the digestive tract healthy. Remember health is wealth. Always stay healthy.